The Town's administrative infrastructure was dealt a huge blow in 1957 as the Town Hall that was erected in 1881 on Dominion Street burned to the ground. Within 12 months of the fire, the New Town Hall was officially opened on the same site. The New Town Hall included an auditorium and incorporated the Fire hose tower that was salvaged from the fire. In 2004, the Town moved from Dominion Street to the Taylor Court Municipal Hall that was the former home of Hydro One. This move allowed the Town to consolidate the Public Works Department with other Administrative Services.